Thursday, 12 January 2012

Preparing for pampering

Due to Christmas and getting ready to return to work after maternity leave, I've not found any time for crafting. I've also decided to get rid of most of my card making supplies as I've concentrated on jewellery now and have little time for that let alone anything else.  Hopefully it'll clear some room to tidy up my jewellery supplies into some decent storage and tidy up the utility room a bit, which my OH is always complaining about.

Quite a few things I've managed to sell online (just love those Facebook craft selling pages, and of course ebay), and the things I've had which probably wouldn't sell due to either being free/half used/too heavy to post, I shall be donating to the local nursery and/or school.  Hopefully they'll be able to use a lot of it.

I have got a stall at a pamper evening in a couple of weeks time.  It's come round really quickly, so I must use some of my gemstones and make a couple more bracelets.  Hopefully this will give me a chance to see whether pamper evenings are better for selling than Christmas and Summer fetes given my previous experience.  Let's hope so.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Emma. I hope the return to work went well. Good luck at the Pamper Evenings - I know from experience of them they are always very popular and jewellery does very well. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr, it won't let me reply! Thanks for the good luck. I'm definitely hoping it goes well as would like to get a better idea of what sells well locally, plus it would be nice if I could get the occasional local fair out of it or a jewellery party or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should sell all of my scrapbooking stuff as it has been about 6 years since I have scrap booked and I don't think I ever will again in all reality. Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. #sitsblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been selling off my craft stuff. Papercrafting/card making bits almost all gone (apart from a few suitable for N to play with), and I need to now sell off my jewellery I've made and stored for a couple of years, and the beads. I have so many, but it would take forever to get them listed to sell on ebay. They are just taking up room. Such a shame life gets in the way of crafting.

      Delete